Gastric Banding or Lap Band Surgery Options in The Woodlands and North Houston
LAP-BAND surgery is a safe and effective weight loss procedure that is ideal for patients who may face a higher risk of gastric bypass post-op complications. This procedure is designed to restrict and reduce your food intake without interfering with the body's normal digestive process.
During a thorough Lap-Band consultation at Dr. Jason Balette will outline the risks and benefits at his Houston/The Woodlands bariatric surgery center.
About Lap Band Surgery North Houston/The Woodlands
A silastic band is placed around the upper part of the stomach, creating a small pouch. The pouch restricts food intake, and the narrow passage between the pouch and the lower stomach slows the emptying of food into the rest of the stomach, causing you to feel fuller, longer.
The diameter of the band can be adjusted to increase or decrease restriction. This is done by inflating or deflating the band with a saline solution introduced through an access port that is placed under the skin during surgery.
Lab Band Advantages:
Adjustable gastric banding (lap band) is performed laparoscopically as outpatient surgery so patients can go home the same day. Adjustable gastric banding is safe and effective, with advantages that include:
- Proven success - Patients lose about 40 percent of their excess body weight within two years.
- Reversibility - Under the care of our exceptional medical staff surgeons, the surgery can be reversed.
- Normal digestion and absorption - The procedure does not affect how the body digests food and absorbs vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
- Less impact on the anatomy - Adjustable gastric banding does not require the opening or removal of any part of the stomach or intestines.
- Tearing in the stomach or gastric perforation, which could require additional surgery
- Leakage or twisting of the access port
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slippage of the band
- Obstruction of the passage between the pouch and the stomach
- Enlargement of the pouch
- Mechanical failure of the band implant
North Houston & The Woodlands Texas Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgical Options
- The Woodlands, Texas Gastric Bypass Surgery
- The Woodlands, Texas Gastric Sleeve or Vertical Sleeve Surgery
- The Woodlands, Texas Lap Band Surgery
- The Woodlands, Texas Gastric Bypass Revision Surgery
Contact our offices today to learn more about the benefits weight surgery would have on your life.